Nerve Injury (Subscribe) XML icon Add to My Yahoo!  Add to Google

Post-operative nerve injury as a complication of orthopaedic surgery
[OCOSH Code: D020196 213267001 T14.4 OP_CMP_NI]

 Advanced Search

Resources

Compression of the sciatic nerve by wear debris following total hip replacement

Location: http://web.jbjs.org.uk/cgi/reprint/85-B/8/1178

Pain in the distribution of the sciatic nerve is common in the elderly. In the presence of a long-standing joint replacement, consideration should be given as to whether compression might be due to an extraspinal cause. We present three women, in whom a mass of wear debris from a previous total hip replacement caused compression of...
[Categories]

View Details Visit Resource Review It Rate It Bookmark It Added: Tue Nov 02 2010

Nerve Injury in THR Wheeless

Location: http://www.wheelessonline.com/ortho/nerve_injuries_in_thr

Incidence of sciatic &/or femoral palsies after THR ranges from 1-3%;
- incidence of nerve palsy is 1-2% of primary total hip replacement, 3-4% after revision, and 5-6% in THR for congenitally dislocated hips;
Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopaedics
[Categories]

View Details Visit Resource Review It Rate It Bookmark It Added: Mon Feb 04 2002