fracture at this level are frequently due to relative immobility of thoracic spine compared to the lumbar spine;
- upper thoracic spine (T1 to T10) is stabilized by the ribs & facet orientation, and is less suseptible to trauma;
This web site has been authored by Mr G J Packer, an Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in wrist injuries, and is intended as a source of information and communication for other medical consultants, healthcare professionals and for patients.
1. Describe the layers of the growth plate, and describe the mechanical strength of each layer.
2. Describe the periphery of the physis, and the role these structures play in mechanical stability of the physis
3. Describe the Salter-Harris classification of growth plate...
Trying to break a fall by putting your hand out in front of you seems almost instinctive. But the force of the fall could travel up the lower forearm bones and dislocate the elbow. It also could break the smaller bone (radius) in the forearm. A break can occur near...
Despite the strength of the composite material that is bone, there are many processes that can weaken it; from simple destruction to deficiencies of its components. The appearance of the bone in a case of deficient materials is often altered by the attempts at repair.
The development of a Looser zone...
* Avulsion fracture of the tibial spine is a relatively rare injury in children accounting for approximately 3 per 1 00,000 children's fx -Fracture of the tibial spine is seen primarily in children from the ages of 8 to 14 -The injury is virtually always to the anterior intercondylar eminence....
comment on the article by AD Tambe et al.
Percutaneous fixation using a malleolar screw, a cannulated screw or a simple K-wire is a minimally invasive procedure. Also these procedures have the advantage of ease of application, simplicity, cheapness and high rate of union
Oguz Cebesoy Int Orthop. 2007 February; 31(1): 129.
From leading impact orthopaedic journals, to orthopaedic websites you follow, you can browse, read, and share favorite orthopaedic content, presented in a streamlined format and delivered to you -.ORTHOREADER.