Reduction of bone mass without alteration in the composition of bone, leading to fractures.
[OCOSH Code: D010024 64859006 M81 BD_MBD_OP]
- Female Athlete Triad Syndrome (0)
- A condition of competitive female athletes in which there are interrelated problems of EATING DISORDERS; AMENORRHEA; and OSTEOPOROSIS.
MeSH Search Term "Female Athlete Triad Syndrome"[mesh]
ICD-10 Code [Not coded]
SNOMED-CT Term [No term]
OCOSH Code: D053716 BD_MBD_OP_FAT
- Patient Information (13)
- Information for patients with osteoporosis
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis (3)
- Metabolic disorder associated with fractures of the femoral neck, vertebrae, and distal forearm. It occurs commonly in women within 15-20 years after menopause, and is caused by factors associated with menopause including estrogen deficiency
MeSH Search Term "Osteoporosis, Postmenopausal"[mesh]
ICD-10 Code M81.0 Postmenopausal osteoporosis
SNOMED-CT Term Postmenopausal osteoporosis (disorder) Concept ID: 102447009
OCOSH Code: D015663 102447009 M81.0 BD_MBD_OP_PMP
Pages: 1 2 3
American College of Rheumatology Guidelines
American College of Rheumatology Task Force on Osteoporosis Guidelines
Glucocorticoids are widely used in the treatment of patients with chronic noninfectious inflammatory diseases, especially asthma, chronic lung disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other connective tissue diseases, inflammatory bowel disease, and in organ transplantation. Although the beneficial antiinflammatory and...
Added: Mon Jul 11 2005
This continuing medical education Webcast uses an innovative panel discussion format to review meta-analyses that address osteoporosis, bisphosphonate comparative dosing, and the bridging concept for extended dosing.
Mone Zaidi, MD, PhD, Program Chair/Moderator; Jonathan D. Adachi, MD, FRCPC; Steven T. Harris, MD, FACP
Added: Mon Apr 07 2008
The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of contributors to secondary osteoporosis (eg osteomalacia) in patients presenting with a clinical vertebral or non-vertebral fracture. Identifying and correcting these contributors will enhance treatment effect aimed at reducing the risk of subsequent fractures.
We conclude that more than one in...
Added: Thu Oct 02 2008
Pages: 1 2 3